Wednesday 1 August 2012

PANTONE Challenge - Copper

There is a nifty little stack of PANTONE colour swatches piled up on my desk which has been staring at me for the last few months. We had the priviledge of a forecasting agency supplying us with colour chips heralding the best and brightest colours of next season - Spring/Summer 2013.
Each of us here in the buying team have selected our favourite colour from the stack and we'll be telling showing you a snapshot of our favourite things in that PANTONE shade.

What is PANTONE? Find out more here

 ----

Challenger 1: The Insider (that's me!)
PANTONE: 16-1325 TCX "Copper"

Being the olive-skinned demi god that I am, I can't really wear gold jewelery, and silver never really held my interest. So I went out and bought a copper-faced watch on a brown leather band. It was my favourite ever accessory, and long after it has gone to horological heaven, my affinity with the colour copper continues (as does my watch fetish).

Here are my picks for the best of the best.


How incredible are those shoes? And the copper homewares trend is huge going forward. Those beaten panels on a bedroom wall are really something.


Copper/Bronze eye makeup is nothing new but take it to a new level with a metallic lip. Or add a hint of luxe with a peep on a shoe heel! So cool.


Right...taking bets on which colour is up next week! Let us know what you think - send us a link or post a photo on our Facebook of your favourite challenge pieces each week!

1 comment:

  1. I'd say Emerald Green...I reckon that's going to be a hot colour this coming season!

    ReplyDelete